Bollywood Top 5 biggest openers 2016: In this article the predictions doesn’t consider any clashes among films, but the festivals and holidays will be considered.
1) Sultan (38 crores): There is no argument in predicting that if Sultan gets a solo release on Eid 2016 then the consistency of Salman Khan, YRF marketing strategy and festival will make it the biggest opener of 2016. If the trailer gets a phenomenal response then it might get a 40 crores plus opening as well. As per now the film is generating a good buzz among audiences and Salman Khan’s look in the film has been highly appreciated and praised. With inclusion of Anusha Sharma, expectations are reaching sky high. Now, we can only wish that the film becomes the highest grosser beating P.K’s record.
2) Raees (35 crores): SRK has done this before with Happy New Year and Chennai express and he has everything to do it once more. Raees is an entertainer with good script as per the producers. Mahira khan has good rapport in international markets and Nawazuddin has already proved himself with every other film. Eid festival will only benefit the film and Raees has a big scope of becoming SRK’s highest grossing film of his career and his first 300 crores grosser.
3) Dangal (30 crores): The first look of Dangal is not comparable to the appeal and buzz that upper two has managed. But as we know Mr. perfectionist comes with a new and unique plot every time. P.K had also managed only 27 crores on the opening day but became the highest grosser of all time. So for now everything will depend on the word of mouth Dangal will generate. It stars Aamir Khan and Sakshi Tanwar (a famous small screen actress). That means it lacks star power in contrast to other big films. But if the content of the film is above expectation then it will be unstoppable at box office without a doubt.
4) Mohenjo Daro (30 crores): Hritikh Roshan is returning after almost two years on big screen. His film comes under epic historical drama. After huge success of Baahubali and Bajirao Mastani we are sure if the script is good then it will b the highest grosser of HR’s career. Ashutosh Gowarikar has proved with his Lagaan and Jodha Akber already that he is a master of making historical classics.
5) Shivaay (25 crores): Ajay devgn is coming with his dream project as he described Shivaay. It is not an ordinary masala film and has some high octane action scenes. This film has all the potential to beat any of the above films in a longer run if the concept is extraordinary or else it will be an another way around and film will be a flop at box office due to huge budget just like Action Jackson.